Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, encourage them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
This hybrid role has a lot to offer, allowing you plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and develop existing ones. From brainstorming fresh content ideas, to getting involved with workshops and assisting in the development of new marketing strategies – you’ll be working on a range of creative projects, becoming an essential part of the content team.
Responsibilities include producing engaging copy across a variety of websites, working on a broad selection of content which may include blog posts, product descriptions, leaflets, ad copy, social posts, emails, guides, SEO content and more. The ideal candidate will have good research skills, a clear and engaging writing style, and be able to deliver exceptional quality copy within required timeframes.
What you’ll be doing
- Creating engaging copy for a variety of platforms
- Writing & uploading SEO optimised blogs, social & ad content
- Researching potential topics for in-depth articles
- Proofreading and peer-reviewing work
- Reporting on site performance
- Uploading and managing products using CMS tools
- Multitasking across various projects
What you’ll bring
- Natural flair and enthusiasm for writing
- Confidence in own work and natural writing style
- Ability to adapt your writing tone to match guidelines
- Researching and understanding technical topics
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- A keen eye for detail
- Plenty of initiative and commitment to learn
Desirable but not essential
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Experience of SEO and search engine tools
- A degree in a related subject
- Writing samples and portfolios to support your application are welcome.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working option – 3 x days in the office, 2 x days remote (once probation period completed)
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service
- Team bonding and social activities
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Health Cashback Scheme
- Annual Volunteer Day
- Great office facilities including bar, Netflix, pool table, retro arcade game and table football
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre
This role offers hybrid working, allowing an optional 60/40 split pattern between the office and home. You will have the option to work 2 days at home per week between Tuesday-Thursday. Monday and Friday are our set office days, allowing for collaboration, training, networking…and enjoying our free lunch together at the end of the week, of course.
Our office is located in a remote part of Knaresborough, with minimum transport links (although the views are incredible!) so you will need access to your own transport three days per week.
What are you waiting for?
If you want to be part of a dynamic, employee-focused company that does things a little differently, please send over a cover letter and apply now to start your journey with us. We are keen to hear from you and what you can offer for this role alongside any writing examples you have so we can get a feel for you and your work. We look forward to hearing from you, to talk about the contribution you can make here at Ignition.