Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
If you want to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, people focused business that does things a little differently, then this could be the opportunity for you. We invite you to become be the best you, with us, today.
We are looking for a positive and proactive individual to join and support our small, growing Purchasing and Supply Chain team.
Offering administrative support to the department, it will be your responsibility keep our systems up to date with vital stock and supply information. You will also collaborate closely with our operational teams to share critical information in a timely manner, ensuring all appropriate departments have the key insights they need to run smoothly.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has great organisational and planning skills with a curious mind to problem solve and a keen eye for detail. Somebody who encompasses our values but can also make the role their own, offering a unique perspective to help develop improvements along the way.
Candidates should be able to confidently communicate to all levels of the business, with a friendly and upbeat attitude.
Every day you will engage with suppliers, freight forwarders and logistics companies, requesting information and providing solutions. This regular contact is a prime opportunity to build and nurture these valuable business relationships.
So, if you ‘re highly organised and you enjoy the quirks of Excel and want to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, people-focused business that does things a little differently, then this could be the opportunity for you.
We invite you to become be the best you, with us, today.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining and updating the Group’s stock management system, liaising with colleagues to find continuous improvement where possible.
- Raising and sending Purchase orders through the Stock management system.
- Raising and sending Drop ship Purchase Orders for customers direct from suppliers.
- Manage supply chain for drop ship orders, speaking to suppliers and tracking deliveries for sales and support to keep customers fully aware of the process.
- Liase with the wider business to ensure all relevant information is shared between departments in a timely manner.
- Assist Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager in managing outstanding purchase orders from suppliers across UK, Europe, Turkey, and the Far East.
- Assist the Purchasing and Supply Chain Manager in arranging Pre-Shipment inspection process for Far East orders.
- Support the accounts team in resolving invoice queries, chasing suppliers for credit notes when necessary.
- Assist with collating Competitor Pricing and necessary research.
- Be able to provide stock reports to SLT when required in Managers absence.
- Maintain good communication with UK Logistics Supervisor and Ireland Warehouse and Logistics Manager.
What you’ll bring
- Administrative experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Highly organised and can manage multiple tasks.
- Confident communicator (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work across multiple sites as needed for the scope of the role.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- A can do, proactive attitude with a desire to get stuck in and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Motivated and proactive, able to work under pressure both independently and as part of a team.
- High levels of flexibility and adaptability.
- Ability to build positive working relationships both internally and externally.
What you’ll get
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Hybrid working option – 3 x days in the office, 2 x days remote (once probation period completed)
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service.
- Great development opportunities.
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service.
- Team bonding and social activities.
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre.
This role offers hybrid working, allowing an optional 60/40 split pattern between the office and home. You will have the option to work 2 days at home per week between Tuesday-Thursday. Monday and Friday are our set office days, allowing for collaboration, training, networking…and enjoying our free lunch together at the end of the week, of course.
Our office is located in a remote part of Knaresborough, with minimum transport links (although the views are incredible!) so you will need access to your own transport.
What are you waiting for?
Apply now to start your journey with us and be part of something exciting. We can’t wait to hear from you and the contribution you can make.