Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want, and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Based in Thorpe Arch at our brand new 31,000sqft building, just off the A1 at Wetherby, and accessible from York, Leeds, and Harrogate. The Ignition distribution hub is a fast paced, all-inclusive environment, where you can build and enhance yourself and your career in ecommerce distribution.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We are looking for a positive and proactive individual to join and support our growing distribution centre. The role is assisting the Warehouse Manager with the full warehouse function. Opening and closing, goods in and out, dealing with daily picking schedules, processing orders manually and with Barcode scanners, loading of carriers, maintaining the groups WMS, undertaking regular cycle counts. This role also includes assistance in leading the onsite full and temporary staff and general housekeeping.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has great organisational and planning skills with a curious mind to problem solve and a keen eye for detail. Somebody who encompasses our values but can also make the role their own, offering a unique perspective to help develop improvements along the way.
Candidates should be able to confidently communicate to all levels of the business, with a friendly and upbeat attitude.
So, if you are a strong communicator and want to be part of a dynamic, entrepreneurial, people-focused business that does things a little differently, then this could be the opportunity for you. We invite you to become be the best you, with us, today.
What you’ll be doing
- Opening and closing as part of a routine with colleagues (Once probation is passed)
- Preparing and prioritising the day’s workflow.
- Manual or automated picking of products.
- Processing orders using Orderwise ERP system.
- Packing products ready for despatch with carriers.
- Preparing pallets for despatch with Pallet carriers.
- Unloading of goods into warehouse.
- Safe storage of pallets and pick bin replenishment.
- Active involvement of monthly stock cycle counts and reporting on discrepancies.
- Cleaning and undertaking recycling of metals, card, and plastics.
- Attend weekly meetings and contribute accordingly.
What you’ll bring
- Proven experience with physical stock management.
- Competence with Stock Systems (ERP/MRP).
- Forklift licence is desirable.
- Liaise regularly with colleagues, supervisors, and managers to ensure an efficient and effective process is delivered.
- An understanding of basic Health and Safety is desirable.
- Highly organised and can manage multiple tasks.
- Confident communicator (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work to daily deadlines for carrier collections and picking cut off time.
- A can do, proactive attitude with a desire to get stuck in and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work under own initiative.
- Motivated and proactive, able to work under pressure both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexible in working early or late shifts/ Overtime.
- Ability to build positive working relationships both internally and externally.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary
- Overtime paid at premium rate
- Great core working hours
- Excellent leadership support
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips are regularly on the menu!)
- Good onsite facilities for breaks and team socialising
- Supportive, friendly team and a great working atmosphere
- Potential to be considered for permanent opportunities as we continue to grow
Thorp Arch Industrial Estate
Hours of work
Monday to Friday 8 – 5pm
What are you waiting for?
Apply now to start your journey with us and be part of something exciting. We can’t wait to hear from you and the contribution you can make.