Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We invite you to come be the best you, with us, today.
We are looking for a competent IT technician to join our growing team in this exciting, new IT support role.
As front-line IT guru for the business you will ensure that you are approachable and ready to serve all IT needs across our 3 x sites with a can-do attitude. Always ready to facilitate, guide and troubleshoot to provide effective solutions.
With a natural ability to think on your feet and proactive approach to tasks, you will be responsible for all business systems and software.
Supporting and often collaborating on factors from administration, compliance, planning and necessary implementation of infrastructure required to elevate the wider team.
So, if you have experience of providing stellar IT support and want to be part of a dynamic, people focused business that does things a little differently, then this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide excellent multi-site technical support to all teams via our IT helpdesk.
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Install, configure and maintain computer hardware and software systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve technical issues.
- Log all support calls to detect trends and identify training needs.
- Facilitate onboarding of new starters / offboarding of leavers – ensuring equipment is correctly assigned and accounted for.
- Assist with cyber security initiatives to ensure compliance and certification as well as safeguard of IT systems.
- Be responsible for permissions, passwords and account management for all employees.
- Embracing the values or our business and becoming a brand ambassador, consistently contributing to our culture and driving the growth of the business.
What you’ll bring
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Understanding of networking.
- Antivirus support and experience with hardware and software repairs.
- Good problem solving, analytical and team-working skills.
- Excellent communication skills due to wider business collaboration required.
- Openness to learning new technologies.
- IT Support experience providing industry leading technical support and customer service.
- Must have experience troubleshooting common network issues in a corporate network environment as well as in a remote working environment.
- Extensive experience in Microsoft 365 package.
- Experience with remote desktop software.
What you’ll get
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service
- Team bonding and social activities
- Free Food Fridays (Enjoy pizza, fish & chips, or a deli buffet on rotation!)
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre.
Multi-site functionality within this role therefore a full driving licence and access to a car is required.
What are you waiting for?
At Ignition, you’ll be part of a dynamic and employee-focused company that does things a little differently. If you’re ready to ignite your career and join a team of experts, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch today!