Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We invite you to come be the best you, with us, today.
We are looking for a driven, proactive and high performing Sales Account Executive to support our fast-growing business.
Reporting to our Sales Manager, you will be single point of contact for all existing accounts. Your main responsibilities will include looking after our dedicated customer base, servicing their quotation needs, placing orders and addressing any account queries to the highest of standards.
Your in-depth product expertise will allow you to make relevant recommendations that meet customer expectations. The ideal candidate will also personalise their approach for each individual account to successful nurture partnerships.
As part of this role, you will be tasked with onboarding and facilitating any new business queries, helping to grow our customer base. You will also manage relationships across a complex portfolio and be the first point of contact for these customers.
You will collaborate closely with our internal teams to provide outstanding levels of market insight, build strong relationships, and identify opportunities for growth.
So, if you have a personable approach to relationship building and want to be part of a dynamic, people focused business that does things a little differently, then this could be the opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing existing account portfolios and nurture key relationships with trade accounts.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key partners to drive referral business.
- Act as point of contact for all trade accounts providing all necessary support e.g., quotations, placing orders and efficient handling of account queries.
- Develop a deep understanding of each trade customers’ needs and tailor solutions accordingly.
- Utilise in-depth product knowledge to offer the best service which is catered to unique customer needs.
- Attend training to stay up to date with the specifications of new products and service offerings.
- Monitor productivity and results relative to established objectives and ensure appropriate steps are taken to achieve sales goals and maintain high levels of trade customer satisfaction.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of account status and growth initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure seamless delivery of services and customer satisfaction. (support, sales, product)
- Onboard new trade applicants and look to proactively expand our customer base.
- Self-generate leads within your customer base through regular account reviews.
- Liaise closely with our trade marketing manager to develop market intelligence and customer insight to increase credibility and competitive advantage.
- Report directly into our Sales Manager and MD.
- Positivity and improvement mindset
- Embracing the values for our business and act as a brand ambassador, consistently contributing to our culture and driving the growth of the business.
What you’ll bring
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills
- A driven mindset with strong customer services and sales skills
- Naturally connects and builds strong relationships with others with ability to communicate clearly and persuasively.
- Precision and personalization in approach.
- Ability to build trust.
- Passion for variety and fast paced environments
- High accountability
- Team player committed to creating an excellent customer experience.
- Networking aptitude.
- Results oriented.
- Entrepreneurial approach to developing innovative ideas that will push the boundaries within the industry.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Positivity and improvement mindset
- A strong account management background with proven experience of handling large key accounts. (1-2 years ideally)
- A good understanding of the sales process.
- Consistent track record of working within a target driven environment and achieving these targets consistently.
- Experience identifying and converting new business leads.
- Advanced CRM experience
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary with opportunity to achieve discretionary bonus.
- Optional hybrid working, once probation completed (Mon/ Fridays in the office, hybrid 2 days out of Tues / Weds / Thurs)
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service.
- Team bonding and social activities.
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Annual volunteering day.
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre.
This role offers hybrid working, allowing an optional 60/40 split pattern between the office and home. You will have the option to work 2 days at home per week between Tuesday-Thursday. Monday and Friday are our set office days, allowing for collaboration, training, networking…and enjoying our free lunch together at the end of the week, of course.
Our office is located in a remote part of Knaresborough, with minimum transport links (although the views are incredible!) so you will need access to your own transport.
What are you waiting for?
If you’re ready to ignite your career and join a team of experts, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch today!