Who are we?
Our journey started in 2013 with the mission of disrupting a heating industry reliant on unsustainable energy, which didn’t reflect the global need for an ecological solution.
Five category leading ecommerce stores and two innovative brands with products being manufactured across three continents later – Ignition has helped over 150,000 homeowners and businesses make the change from outmoded, inefficient heating to a more sustainable solution. Simply put, we design products that our customers want and the planet needs. We’re changing the narrative.
Set in the heart of the North Yorkshire countryside, our office buzzes with creativity and is full of curious minds, innovative thinkers, go getters and customer champions. We listen, we adapt. We take things apart and put them back together in a way that our customers tell us they should be – our products and our ecommerce stores, were all built in this way.
Our hardworking, innovative team are at the centre of our growth and success. We invest in them, recognise them, stretch them, reward them, and help them flourish within a development culture that values progress, learning and individual success. We are proud to provide the tools and environment to support professional growth and encourage each member of the team to push their own creativity and progression.
We invite you to come be the best you, with us, today.
We are seeking a skilled UX Developer with expertise in Magento, WordPress, React, and mobile app development. The ideal candidate will have a blend of creative and technical skills, with a strong focus on user experience across our various platforms.
Always working with the user in mind, you will design, develop, test and bring visions to life by collaborating with our expert designers and developers. Working to continuously improve our customer touchpoints to ensure a seamless interface experience. If you’re a passionate UX Developer and you have a drive to create exceptional user experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV, portfolio, and a brief cover letter detailing your experience and passion for UX development.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop user-friendly interfaces and experiences across our Magento and WordPress sites, React apps, and mobile applications.
- Work closely with UI designers to translate design concepts into interactive user interfaces on various platforms.
- Implement designs on Magento, WordPress, React, and mobile platforms, ensuring responsive and optimized performance.
- Ensure seamless user experience across desktop, mobile, and web apps.
- Conduct user testing sessions and gather feedback to refine and improve the user experience.
- Stay updated with the latest UX trends, tools, and technologies, and integrate them into our platforms as appropriate.
- Address any UX issues or challenges, ensuring a seamless user journey across all touchpoints.
- Create and maintain documentation related to UX designs, user flows, and interactions.
- Embracing the values or our business and becoming a brand ambassador, consistently contributing to our culture and driving the growth of the business.
What you’ll bring
- Ability to work collaboratively with designers and developers to bring visions to life.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A deep understanding of the importance of user-centred design.
- Proven experience as a UX Developer or similar role, with a portfolio showcasing past projects on Magento, WordPress, React, and mobile apps.
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD.
What you’ll get
- Optional hybrid working, once probation completed (Mon/ Fridays in the office, hybrid 2 days out of Tues / Weds / Thurs)
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical after each 5 year’s continuous service
- Great development opportunities
- Perkbox subscription – access to free weekly perks, discounts, Boxx fitness app and wellness hub
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after 2 years continuous service.
- Team bonding and social activities.
- Free Food Fridays (Fish and Chips and Pizza are regularly on the menu!)
- Annual volunteering day.
- An idyllic location away from the hustle and bustle, but just 5 mins from historic town centre.
This role offers hybrid working, allowing an optional 60/40 split pattern between the office and home. You will have the option to work 2 days at home per week between Tuesday-Thursday. Monday and Friday are our set office days, allowing for collaboration, training, networking…and enjoying our free lunch together at the end of the week, of course.
Our office is located in a remote part of Knaresborough, with minimum transport links (although the views are incredible!) so you will need access to your own transport.
What are you waiting for?
If you’re ready to ignite your career and join a team of experts, we’d love to hear from you. Get in touch today!